Thursday, May 18, 2006

CaC 2: Phillip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" vs. Tiger's "game.com" handheld

Almost everyday, I have people come up to me on the street and ask "Which should I buy: Phillip K. Dick's classic novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" or Tiger's influential handheld, the game.com?" I sometimes have a tough time answering because they sound so similar, but upon further research, I discovered that Phillip's book and Tiger's handheld are very different. First off, although both are rectangular in nature, they are composed of entirely different materials. Phillip's novel is made out of paper, and the game.com is made out of some hard, plastic substance. Secondly, they both smell different. Sure they both have a smell, but these two smells are very different nature. The book smells strongly of paper and must, while the game.com smells kind of like silicon and bad batteries. Lastly and most importantly, Phillip K. Dick's novel was made into a movie, "Blade Runner," while Tiger's game.com never even appeared on television, let alone the silver screen. In fact, some say the game.com never even existed, chalking up any magazine advertisements to cruel pranks. I know this isn't true because I have one...a game.com that is, not a magazine advertisement for one. In all these ways, one will hopefully find that Phillip K. Dick's most famous novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" and Tiger's game.com are very different, which I hope will influence which product to buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home